Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blog Post #7

Google original.jpg 80-15PLZkDc


The Networked Student
I think that network students need a teacher because who else would be better able to help guide the students through their learning process. Teachers will be able to help them learn the difference between useless un-information sentences, and information that is most important and relevant. Having a teacher there to answer questions and give resources to backup the information that she shares with them will also be beneficial to the students. Teacher are still needed because students will need help organizing materials into categories, and tracks as to not get behind on certain topics or skip other topics all together. This video gave interesting details as to what a network student is. There is only one negative that I see with this and that is, that If students post what they have learned like the guy in this video said he did. Then I am afraid that it will make some students lazy. I mean they might think well all I have to do is go and check out what someone else posted and copy and paste it as my own, and then that student would never have found out or researched on their own. Making new connections and contacts is a great way to get even more information then the information that you yourself find or even important information that you may have missed. Although I don't believe I am prepared to be a Network Student's teacher as of yet, I will however do all I can to become one.

7th Graders Personal Learning Environment(PLE)
The distinction, as I understand it, is that the PLN focuses on sources used to learn or look up information. PLE Is a self gratifying and helps me become more knowledgeable of the subject matters that I cover. I am much more happier that I am learning about subjects and topics the way that I want to, by using sources that I like and not Sources that I have been told I have to use. (blogs, wikis, webpages, forums, broadcasts etc…). My PLE focuses on the learning that I am doing over the length of my learning journey both in and out of school.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    There is some very good points in your post about the networked students. Your links are working good and your picture is great. I did see some mistakes in your post. The word "if" is capitalized in line 17. The word "then" should be "than." The post should also be three or more paragraphs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to proofread.

    P.S.
    I can tell you're very passionate about helping students!

    ReplyDelete