Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blog Assignment 2



Did You Know 3.0,

This was a great short informative video on many interesting facts. The numbers were higher then I thought they would be, as to how many and how much technology has effected day to day living as opposed to decades ago before such technology existed. The fact that stood out most to me was when the video said India had more honors kids,then America has kids.

Another interesting fact that really surprised me and also has crossed my mind a time or two, was when the video asked, "What did we use to find the answers to our questions B.G.?" (before google).I honestly don't remember using google when I was in school and that was less then six years ago. After watching this very informative video,I think it is only right that I share it with my fellow friends on Facebook and Twitter.

In this video Mr. Winkles Wakes I Could only imagine what was going on in Mr.Winkles head."How long have I been sleep?" would have been the first thing in my mind.How scared he must have been,living in a place you once called home, and is now like a foreign country to you. It's like a deaf person suddenly being able to hear. What is normal to all is strange only to you. What a scary thing it must have been.

Mr.Winkle must learn to adapt or get left behind. Technology is here to stay. We must adapt or suffer the consiquiences of not knowing how to use technology. It is forever changing and growing and improving. It is our job to educate ourselves. If we keep putting off learning more about technology, then one day we will wake up just like Mr.Winkle in a world we can't function in.


Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity
Mr.Robinson has a way of catching his audience attention by giving funny examples and real life situations, you can tell he knows what he is talking about is real,something he's found out first hand and not read in a book. Mr.Robinson raised a good point on the unpredictability of what the world would be like 30 or 40 yrs from now.We are preparing kids for a future we aren't sure of. This point right here really raised my eyebrow.

"If you're not prepared to be wrong,you will never come up with anything original" this quote really stood out to me. I am an artist I love art,and I had an art teacher my freshmen year of college and he told me to "Let your mistakes work for you". So to hear Mr.Robinson say this really hit home for me,because I knew exactly what he meant. From my mistakes in my art I've created wonderful artwork. Education and creativity goes hand in hand.If you take the time to get to know your student you will be able to find out what path you need to take to stimulate the mind of that student.

A Day Made of Glass Was an excellent video on how fast technology is growing and how kids are able to keep up and also get involved in new technology. Teachers, Parents, doctors, as well as kids would be using technology in all types of different ways. Touch screen is becoming more and more used not only for cell phones and tablets, but also for televisions. The world of technology is for every changing and changing perhaps even faster then we can keep up. Having glass schools and hospitals and such could be a good or bad thing in the future. I am sure people would love to have a little privacy, I feel as though in the beginning everything would seem all great because it is different and unlike anything we have ever seen, But the draw back would be that people could loose their sense of security and privacy. I know I for sure would love to have concrete walls, and just be closed off from the world because sometimes I feel a little to "in touch" with the world and just want to disconnect from everything.

5 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    You need clickable links. Also, your post about "A Day Made of Glass" is missing. You need to be sure to complete the entire blog post assignments in order to get full credit. Keep working at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Elizabeth, and might I add for you to maybe have one compliment when critiquing a blog. I didn't see any in this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    Elizabeth is an EDM310 associate. Therefore she will be critiquing your posts and evaluating your work through the semester.
    The job description of an EDM 310 associate is to evaluate, not compliment.

    Good luck this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    I like how you stated your opinion on what you watched, instead of just summarizing what you watched. The quote "If you are not prepared to be wrong, you will never come up with anything original" also caught my eye. One thing I would suggest to you is that you spell check before you post! Other than that, good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Michelle! I really appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete