Wednesday, September 26, 2012

C4K Summary post for September


Mrs.Corzet 4th Grade Class Students wrote various blogs about What they have learned in school that day. Students are told there is no right or wrong way to write what they have learned. The kids that I were assigned wrote about everything from Christmas gifts they made for their family,foods that their pets eat, and one student even posted Riddles.One of which even puzzled my mind. I am still waiting to hear back from my C4K kid about the answer to one riddle that he posted which was,There once was a man and he had 53 bicycles.He died. How did he die? I just can't figure it out the riddle.I've found that teachers Class blogs are for the parents as well as the students. For example if there are PTA meetings coming up, or school board meetings that the parent could attend they would be able to follow up on them. Parents are able to see and know what their child is learning in school without the hassel of driving up to the school. In short kids blogs are a great attribute to have in the classroom, it is both beneficial to the student and the parent.

Pt England School in Auckland, N.Z. Is the name of the school that I was assigned to for my C4K Post. My students name is Ata F. and she is in Mr.Marks Class 15, with students aging between 8 and 9 years old. Ata F, post read as follows: "Yea I said to myself we are going to be doing paralympics man I wander want it would feel like to become one of them so off we went to the count to try it out as we started we all went to go and grab a ribbon and put one hand in and the other hand out as we ran it felt strange because the ribbon was slowing us down."
The comment that I left Ata was,"I am happy to see that you have found something to be so excited about. I'm glad to know that you and your fellow classmates had the opportunity to see how it feels to be handicap. So I hope you've learned that being disabled can really slow a person down, but the key is to keep going and not to quit. I would however suggest that you proof read your sentences and take breaks in between sentences by putting periods at the ends of each one."

No comments:

Post a Comment