Saturday, November 3, 2012

C4K Summary Post For the Month of October

zebra shoes


C4K#3
Room 318's Blog Consists of three teachers, who teach 4th Grade at Union Pleasant Elementary School in Hamburg,NY. These three teachers combined there class to make one big Blog. The student that I was assigned to blogger name was bredei954. Bredei blog post titled "My Shoe: Bob"read as follows: "BOB is black and white like a zebra. He is short as a mouse, but strong as a rhino." The comment That I left for his blog said, "I like the name Bob for your shoe. Bob is a very popular name. In fact, I have a friend named Bob". I wish I could have written more, but didn't have to much to gather from such a short post such as his was. So hopefully for the next C4K, the student I will be assigned to will have something more for me to comment about.

C4K #4

Mr.Gwaltney Class Blog was titled The Age of Exploration Blog Mr.Gwaltney,teaches 10th grade Modern World History to students living in Oregon,Iowa,France, and Maryland. The blog I was assigned to was titled The Fight Against Procrastination. In this post Mr. Gwaltney talks about how much people procrastinate, and offers a few tips to help people procrastinate less. Such tips including making a plan,sticking to the plan, and allowing for pop ups that might slow down your plan or just interfere with your plan period. If you need a little motivation to help stick to what ever plans you do make, reward your self every time you accomplish something from your to do list. It sounds a little childish I know, but believe me it helps. The next tip Mr.Gwaltney suggest is to get rid of any distractions, such as closing out your facebook, turning off your tv, and even powering off your cell phone.You will be surprised how much faster you will get done, just by simply by getting rid of these distractions. The last step is to use electronic calendars to your advantage. This will help you remember due dates, and help you keep up with what is to come. After reading his post the comment I left him was, "Hello,My name is Ashley Franklin and I too, am a student at the Univ. of South Alabama. I was assigned your blog to follow for this week, and I must say I would read your blog even if it was not assigned to me. This post was very beneficial to me, because I am the worlds biggest procrastinator and I really must do better. I plan to do better by following your helpful tips. Thank you so much for sharing your tips."

C4K# 5

This week for my C4K, I visited 6th and 7th grader's blog from Surrey, British Columbia, and Canada. The students' blog that I was assigned to name was masterchief1257. His Blog titled My Hockey Game was about a game that he had on the 14th of October against a rival team. The team he played against were called the wolves. In the previous game, they played the wolves won. But that is not the case this time around. Mastercheif1257 team won 7-1. Masterchief1257 talked in detail about the game and gave a great play by plays of the game. Ultimately his team went home the victor and Masterchief1257 stated that this was the best game he played in thus far. The comment that I left him said, "Hello, My name is Ashley and I just had to stop and leave you a comment after reading this wonderful post. I do not know much about hockey, but after listening to the details of your game it sounds like I am missing out on a great sport. I am so glad you have the opportunity to play such a fun sport. Keep up the good work."

C4K#6

For this weeks C4K I was assigned to Mrs.Petersons' 7th grade English class to a student by the name of Parker. Parker Blog post was a summary on a novel titled "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. I have never read this novel before, so I love the fact that Parker took into consideration that some people who read his blog may have never read the novel either and discloses a spoiler alert to the reader. Parker summarazie's Ponyboys'(the main character)personality as a child who is always calm, cool, and collected, and could sometimes get angry. Ponyboy learns different things throughout the novel. Ponyboy use to get very angry really fast, but has learned how to calm himself down, and remain cool and mature about different situations. Parker stated that S.E. Hinton uses Ponyboy to make the novel more interesting. The comment that I left on this blog post was as follows:"Hey Parker, I think that you did a very good job in writing this blog post. And I loved the fact that you added the "Spoiler Alert" so that People would be warned about the details that followed if they had not yet read the novel. The only thing that I would suggest to you, would be to proof read your work before publishing it. This was a very good blog, thank you for sharing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment