Tuesday, November 27, 2012

PLN Summary




I am using Symbaloo to create my personal learning network. I love the way it lets me create my own titles for search engines.I like how it allows me to have multiple tabs up at once,making it very easy to navigate my way through different topics.Using PLN is a great way for people who are lack origination skills. Using Symbaloo organizes things for you while at the same time making it more accessible.

Being able to quickly navigate my way to and from different tabs helps me to multi-task. For example; I am able to twitter while at the same time post blogs, I just simple click the Twitter webmix button and im on twitter, and from there I am able to follow teachers as well as fellow classmates.I don't know how I would have been able to stay organized and keep up with as many things as I have been if this Project Activity wasn't in the lesson plan for this class. PLN only goes to show what direction education is moving in, and I for one am glad to be apart of this class.

I know that I will use PLN not only in this class but in future courses that I may take, and even after graduating.The one thing I know I will continue to use the most freqeunt is everynote.Evernote is the best thing that I have found to help me stay organized, and to me organization is the key to staying up to date on everything.

I have learned a lot in this class but I think one of the most important things I have learned is where to find information that I really need. Yes the internet is good for researching facts and facebook and tweeting. But what I have learned in addition to networking, is how to find real teachers, how they are using technology in the classroom, and the things they are learning and sharing with their class. I am glad I have the opportunity to learn from other teachers mistakes and take advice from those who have been there. I get to see first hand what works and what doesn't.

I have enjoyed using twitter to get up-to-date news and information regarding what is going on with teachers and politics today. I will continue to use twitter to remain updated on the issues facing our educational system today. I also find reading other teachers blogs EXTREMELY beneficial. Keeping up with other teachers and my fellow classmates blogs I am able to see and think about doing things that I may have never considered or thought of on my own. I also think that symbaloo is a very useful tool in organizing all of these things to make for faster access. As always, the better you are at managing your time, the more you will be able to accomplish in life, your career,and in everything else you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment